Sunday, April 11, 2010

Class is in session


 


 

This ended up being a good, but not perfect week. I would be lying if I said it was without struggles and that life is perfect. I have so far to go, this is going to be a long process. I can say that I have started to feel a difference as I have prayed and read from the scriptures daily. That has helped to give me something to draw towards and to look forward to. I still worry about my children, and my responsibilities to them. What more can I do? How do I help them develop a closer relationship with their Savior? I know I am failing them in many ways, but I cannot give up.

I was talking to a friend yesterday that was feeling the weight of parenthood and felt her children were paying the price for her mistakes she made previously. I told her that this life is a classroom; we cannot sluff class, we have to do our own homework, no one can do it for us. I really do believe that. We have been taught and given the perfect example, and then we have to show that we have learned and are learning how to follow the path that has been laid out for us.

I hope that as I continue to strive to strengthen my relationship with Christ that I will be able to be a better parent.

No comments:

Post a Comment