Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Morn

Friday night I had a surprisingly wonderful evening. I went to a get together of other single LDS people. We had so much fun just enjoying each other's company. Toward the end of the evening there was a nice spiritual discussion. It was nice being able to draw from the strength of others and from their experiences.

Saturday was General Conference for the LDS church. As always, it was a wonderful day. I really enjoyed listening to the speakers. Elder Bednar spoke about having more discussions in our homes about the Book of Mormon with our children. I hope that as I am striving to live a more Christ centered life I will be able to touch my children and have them feel of our Saviors love for us.

This morning is a beautiful Easter morning. I awoke to a snow covered yard. I am so grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ. I don't think I can even fathom how much he loves us. He submitted himself to his Father's will because he loved ME. He suffered in Gethsemane for ME. I think of how frustrated I get with my children when they act disrespectful towards me. I have heard myself say "I do so much for you, and this is how you treat me?" I liken that to the way Father in Heaven must feel. That thought brings home the love our Father has for us.

I know that my redeemer lives, and loves me too….

No comments:

Post a Comment